Just in case you missed the first time . . .
- 6 June: D-Day On the Air—73 Years Later
- 31 December: Here’s to the New Year
- 24 December: ‘Tis the night before Christmas
- 20 December: From Macy’s to Dickens on the plains
- 12 December: Eden rocked
- 9 December: The aftermath, continued . . .
- 8 December: Immediate aftermath
- 7 December: The date still lives in infamy
- 5 December: The mean widdle man-kid
- 21 November: Freed fall
We’re building a history here . . .
Tag Archives: Armed Forces Radio Network
Invaluable as it has been to American forces during World War II, the Armed Forces Radio Service essentially launched with Mail Call in 1942, the AFRS’s first in-house production. By the time of tonight’s broadcast, the show’s format will have shifted to something more of a conventional variety format along the line of the better-remembered Command Performance—with one twist.