Just in case you missed the first time . . .
- 31 December: Here’s to the New Year
- 24 December: ‘Tis the night before Christmas
- 20 December: From Macy’s to Dickens on the plains
- 12 December: Eden rocked
- 9 December: The aftermath, continued . . .
- 8 December: Immediate aftermath
- 7 December: The date still lives in infamy
- 5 December: The mean widdle man-kid
- 21 November: Freed fall
- 20 November: A twin triumph for Lurene Tuttle
We’re building a history here . . .
Tag Archives: Arnold Stang
Henry Morgan isn’t now and never will be a ratings champion. Which probably doesn’t bother him when all is said and done. The now 31-year-old satirist is forging a career as something of a contemporary version of Fred Allen: the cerebral cynic who doesn’t quite wrap to broadcasting’s conceits and takes a cheerful bludgeon to them, caring almost nothing for the consequences.
One pretty teenage student at Madison High often finds her allegiance to her favourite English teacher is tested only too often by her imperious, pompous principal father. But if Gloria McMillan’s Harriet Conklin will come to seem like the least immediately remembered or appreciated figure among Our Miss Brooks‘s company, when the show graduates from fixture to memory, McMillan herself may yet prove the company’s most appreciative, never forgetting what the series star teaches her as a mentor, castmate, and friend above all.