Just in case you missed the first time . . .
- 31 December: Here’s to the New Year
- 24 December: ‘Tis the night before Christmas
- 20 December: From Macy’s to Dickens on the plains
- 12 December: Eden rocked
- 9 December: The aftermath, continued . . .
- 8 December: Immediate aftermath
- 7 December: The date still lives in infamy
- 5 December: The mean widdle man-kid
- 21 November: Freed fall
- 20 November: A twin triumph for Lurene Tuttle
We’re building a history here . . .
Tag Archives: Joseph Goebbels
Edward R. Murrow’s World War II reporting team has earned a reputation for daring, often dangerous reporting. Murrow himself has traipsed the rooftops of London at the height of the Blitz, then accompanied deep bombing runs in the European war theater. Eric Sevareid has found himself lost in the Pacific when a military flight aboard which he flew went down with engine trouble during the Burmese-Chinese phase of the war in the Pacific. And Richard C. Hottelet has spent a few hours in a Nazi concentration camp.
The reporting team Edward R. Murrow assembled to cover World War II has earned a reputation for daring and often dangerous reporting. There was Murrow himself, traipsing the London rooftops at the height of the Blitz, then accompanying deep bombing runs. There was Eric Sevareid, lost in the Pacific when a military flight on which he was aboard during the Burmese-Chinese theater phase of the Pacific war went down with engine trouble, Sevareid parachuting to safety but unable to communicate for three days.