Just in case you missed the first time . . .
- 6 June: D-Day On the Air—73 Years Later
- 31 December: Here’s to the New Year
- 24 December: ‘Tis the night before Christmas
- 20 December: From Macy’s to Dickens on the plains
- 12 December: Eden rocked
- 9 December: The aftermath, continued . . .
- 8 December: Immediate aftermath
- 7 December: The date still lives in infamy
- 5 December: The mean widdle man-kid
- 21 November: Freed fall
We’re building a history here . . .
Tag Archives: Mail Call
Invaluable as it has been to American forces during World War II, the Armed Forces Radio Service essentially launched with Mail Call in 1942, the AFRS’s first in-house production. By the time of tonight’s broadcast, the show’s format will have shifted to something more of a conventional variety format along the line of the better-remembered Command Performance—with one twist.